- 3 May 2018 - Had a great time meeting with the lab members of Curator Susan Perkins, AMNH, in New York City where we discussed science over pizza and beer, and visited parts of the ornithology collection.
- 30 Apr 2018 - Was given a fantastic guided tour of the large Hawaiian Honeycreeper collection at the National Museum of Natural History, Washington DC, by Helen James and Rob Fleischer
- 27 Apr 2018 - Was invited to the Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC, to give a Friday seminar about avian malaria transcriptomics and discussed science with several interesting people.
- 6 Apr 2018 - Successfully defended my dissertation and received my PhD degree!
- 5 Apr 2018 - Organized a full-day symposium on Host-Microbe Interactions in association with my PhD defense with eight invited speakers.
- 4 Apr 2018 - As is tradition in Lund, I have now nailed my PhD thesis to the oak tree!
- 28 Mar 2018 - Finally official: I have accepted a Postdoctoral research position at the Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC! Will start a 3-year NSF-funded postdoc at the Center for Conservation Genomics to work on the genomics of avian malaria in Hawaii.
- 16 Mar 2018 - Gave a talk about "Twitter as a tool in science communication" during a workshop at the annual BLAM conference, in Lund, Sweden.
- 13 Mar 2018 - PhD thesis now printed! It includes ten finished papers of which seven are already published.
- 23 Feb 2018 - Posted our new work on gut microbiota development in ostriches to bioRxiv.
- 19 Dec 2017 - My first single-author paper now accepted in Microbial Genomics!
- 21 Nov 2017 - Visited Prof. Luc Lens and Dr. Jan Engler at Ghent University, Belgium to give a seminar about avian malaria transcriptomics and discuss future collaboration.
- 16 Nov 2017 - Paper on thiamine genes in malaria parasites accepted in Parasitology.
- 6 Nov 2017 - Paper evaluating the accuracy of cloacal and faecal samples to measure gut microbiomes accepted in Molecular Ecology Resources.
- 30 Oct 2017 - Paper about direct PCR of gut microbiomes accepted in mSystems.
- 4 Oct 2017 - Visited Dr Alexander Suh and colleagues at Uppsala University and gave a seminar about Dual transcriptomics of birds with malaria.
- 27 Sep 2017 - Posted our new preprint about Direct PCR of gut microbiomes to bioRxiv.
- 7 July 2017 - Posted our new preprint about avian gut microbiome sampling to bioRxiv.
- 29 May 2017 - Spent one week in Gothenburg, participating in the meeting Host-pathogen co-evolution in the genomic era with Prof. Scott Edwards.
- 22 Mar 2017 - Gave a talk about Dual transcriptomics of birds with malaria at the smaller conference: Ecology meets Epidemiology at Linnaeus University, Kalmar.
- 17 Feb 2017 - Paper about de novo transcriptome assembly of the avian malaria parasite Plasmodium ashfordi accepted in Molecular Ecology.
- 9 Feb 2017 - Attended the Swedish Oikos Congress 2017 at Lund University.
- 6 Feb 2017 - Paper about transcriptomics of urban birds accepted in Scientific Reports.
- 22 Jan 2017 - Three weeks of organizing and teaching in the Workshop on Genomics 2017 in Český Krumlov, Czech Republic.
- 22 Oct 2016 - Three weeks of visiting the Knight lab at UCSD, San Diego, US and discuss microbiome analyses.
- 24 Sep 2016 - Three weeks of field work with ostrich chicks in South Africa.
- 31 Aug 2016 - Deposited our new manuscript about the transcriptome of Plasmodium ashfordi at bioRxiv.
- 9 Aug 2016 - Won first prize in the "Conservation ecology and biodiversity research" category in the BMC Ecology Image Competition 2016.
- 23 Jun 2016 - Accepted invitation to teach as instructor again in the Workshop on Genomics 2017 in Český Krumlov, Czech Republic.
- 13 Apr 2016 - Paper about butterfly monitoring published in Nature Conservation.
- 4 Apr 2016 - Paper about malaria genomics accepted in Genome Biology and Evolution.
- 10 Mar 2016 - Gave a talk about malaria transcriptomics at BLAM 2016.
- 25 Feb 2016 - Organized a seminar on Human Evolution with invited speaker Prof. Svante Pääbo.