I'm a recent PhD graduate in the Molecular Ecology and Evolution Lab at Lund University, Sweden. My PhD project explored molecular interactions between avian hosts and their microbes. I have a huge passion for science and love to constantly learn new things about nature.
In my research I use molecular techniques and bioinformatic tools to study the evolution of genomes, transcriptomes and microbiomes. In addition to my PhD project, I collaborate with colleagues in several interesting projects involving genomics. For more information about my work, please see the Research page.
- 6 Apr 2018 - Successfully defended my dissertation and received my PhD degree!
- 5 Apr 2018 - Organized a full-day symposium on Host-Microbe Interactions in association with my PhD defense with eight invited speakers.
- 4 Apr 2018 - As is tradition in Lund, I have now nailed the PhD thesis to the oak tree!
- 28 Mar 2018 - Upcoming Postdoctoral research position at the Smithsonian Institution finally official! Have been offered a 3-year position at the Center for Conservation Genomics to work on the genomics of avian malaria in Hawaii.
- 13 Mar 2018 - PhD thesis now printed! It includes ten finished papers of which seven are already published.
- 23 Feb 2018 - Posted our new work on gut microbiota development in ostriches to bioRxiv.
- 19 Dec 2017 - My first single-author paper now accepted in Microbial Genomics!
- 21 Nov 2017 - Visited Prof. Luc Lens and Dr. Jan Engler at Ghent University, Belgium to give a seminar about avian malaria transcriptomics and discuss future collaboration.
- 16 Nov 2017 - Paper on thiamine genes in malaria parasites accepted in Parasitology.
- 6 Nov 2017 - Paper evaluating the accuracy of cloacal and faecal samples to measure gut microbiomes accepted in Molecular Ecology Resources.
- 30 Oct 2017 - Paper about direct PCR of gut microbiomes accepted in mSystems.
- 4 Oct 2017 - Visited Dr. Alexander Suh and colleagues at Uppsala University and gave a seminar about Dual transcriptomics of birds with malaria.
- 27 Sep 2017 - Posted our new preprint about Direct PCR of gut microbiomes to bioRxiv.
- 7 July 2017 - Posted our new preprint about avian gut microbiome sampling to bioRxiv.
- 29 May 2017 - Spent one week in Gothenburg, participating in the meeting Host-pathogen co-evolution in the genomic era with Prof. Scott Edwards.
- 22 Mar 2017 - Gave a talk about Dual transcriptomics of birds with malaria at the smaller conference: Ecology meets Epidemiology at Linnaeus University, Kalmar.
- 17 Feb 2017 - Paper about de novo transcriptome assembly of the avian malaria parasite Plasmodium ashfordi accepted in Molecular Ecology.