I'm a PhD candidate in the Molecular Ecology and Evolution Lab at Lund University, Sweden. My PhD project explores molecular interactions between avian hosts and their microbes. I have a huge passion for science and love to constantly learn new things about nature.
In my research I use molecular techniques and bioinformatic tools to study the evolution of genomes, transcriptomes and microbiomes. In addition to my PhD, I collaborate with colleagues in several interesting projects involving genomics. For more information about my work, please see the Research page.
- 22 Oct 2016 - Three weeks of microbiome analyses and discussion in the Knight lab at UCSD, San Diego, US.
- 24 Sep 2016 - Three weeks of field work with ostrich chicks in South Africa
- 31 Aug 2016 - Deposited our new manuscript about the transcriptome of Plasmodium ashfordi at bioRxiv
- 9 Aug 2016 - Won first prize in the "Conservation ecology and biodiversity research" category in the BMC Ecology Image Competition 2016.
- 23 Jun 2016 - Accepted invitation to teach as instructor again in the Workshop on Genomics 2017 in Český Krumlov, Czech Republic.
- 13 Apr 2016 - Paper about butterfly monitoring published in Nature Conservation
- 4 Apr 2016 - Paper about malaria genomics accepted in Genome Biology and Evolution