I'm a PhD candidate in the Molecular Ecology and Evolution Lab at Lund University, Sweden. My PhD project is about investigating molecular interactions between avian hosts and their microbes. I have a huge passion for science and love to constantly learn new things about nature.
In my research I use molecular techniques and bioinformatic tools to study the evolution of genomes, transcriptomes and microbiomes. In addition to my PhD, I collaborate with colleagues in several interesting projects involving genomics. For more information about my work, please see the Research page.
- 9 Aug 2016 - Won first prize in the "Conservation ecology and biodiversity research" category in the BMC Ecology Image Competition 2016.
- 23 Jun 2016 - Accepted an invitation to teach as instructor again in the Workshop on Genomics 2017 in Český Krumlov, Czech Republic.
- 15 Apr 2016 - Registered for the 'International Conference on Malaria and Related Haemosporidian Parasites of Wildlife 2016', taking place in Arbanasi, Bulgaria (previously Cappadocia, Turkey).
- 13 Apr 2016 - Paper about butterfly monitoring published in Nature Conservation
- 4 Apr 2016 - Paper about malaria genomics accepted in Genome Biology and Evolution