I'm a PhD candidate in the Molecular Ecology and Evolution Lab at Lund University, Sweden. My PhD project explores molecular interactions between avian hosts and their microbes. I have a huge passion for science and love to constantly learn new things about nature.
In my research I use molecular techniques and bioinformatic tools to study the evolution of genomes, transcriptomes and microbiomes. In addition to my PhD, I collaborate with colleagues in several interesting projects involving genomics. For more information about my work, please see the Research page.
- 16 Nov 2017 - Paper on thiamine genes in malaria parasites accepted in Parasitology.
- 6 Nov 2017 - Paper evaluating the accuracy of cloacal and faecal samples to measure gut microbiomes accepted in Molecular Ecology Resources.
- 30 Oct 2017 - Paper about direct PCR of gut microbiomes accepted in mSystems.
- 4 Oct 2017 - Visited Dr. Alexander Suh and colleagues at Uppsala University and gave a seminar about Dual transcriptomics of birds with malaria.
- 27 Sep 2017 - Posted our new preprint about Direct PCR of gut microbiomes to bioRxiv.
- 7 July 2017 - Posted our new preprint about avian gut microbiome sampling to bioRxiv.
- 29 May 2017 - Spent one week in Gothenburg, participating in the meeting Host-pathogen co-evolution in the genomic era with Prof. Scott Edwards.
- 22 Mar 2017 - Gave a talk about Dual transcriptomics of birds with malaria at the smaller conference: Ecology meets Epidemiology at Linnaeus University, Kalmar.
- 17 Feb 2017 - Paper about de novo transcriptome assembly of the avian malaria parasite Plasmodium ashfordi accepted in Molecular Ecology.
- 9 Feb 2017 - Attended the Swedish Oikos Congress 2017 at Lund University.
- 6 Feb 2017 - Paper about transcriptomics of urban birds accepted in Scientific Reports.
- 22 Jan 2017 - Three weeks of organizing and teaching in the Workshop on Genomics 2017 in Český Krumlov, Czech Republic.