I'm a PhD candidate in the Molecular Ecology and Evolution Lab at Lund University, Sweden. My PhD project explores molecular interactions between avian hosts and their microbes. I have a huge passion for science and love to constantly learn new things about nature.
In my research I use molecular techniques and bioinformatic tools to study the evolution of genomes, transcriptomes and microbiomes. In addition to my PhD, I collaborate with colleagues in several interesting projects involving genomics. For more information about my work, please see the Research page.
- 7 July 2017 - Posted our new preprint about avian gut microbiome sampling to bioRxiv.
- 29 May 2017 - Spent one week in Gothenburg, participating in the meeting Host-pathogen co-evolution in the genomic era with Prof. Scott Edwards.
- 22 Mar 2017 - Gave a talk about Dual transcriptomics of birds with malaria at the smaller conference: Ecology meets Epidemiology at Linnaeus University, Kalmar.
- 17 Feb 2017 - Paper about de novo transcriptome assembly of the avian malaria parasite Plasmodium ashfordi accepted in Molecular Ecology.
- 9 Feb 2017 - Attended the Swedish Oikos Congress 2017 at Lund University.
- 6 Feb 2017 - Paper about transcriptomics of urban birds accepted in Scientific Reports.
- 22 Jan 2017 - Three weeks of organizing and teaching in the Workshop on Genomics 2017 in Český Krumlov, Czech Republic.
- 22 Oct 2016 - Three weeks of visiting the Knight lab at UCSD, San Diego, US and discuss microbiome analyses.
- 24 Sep 2016 - Three weeks of field work with ostrich chicks in South Africa.
- 31 Aug 2016 - Deposited our new manuscript about the transcriptome of Plasmodium ashfordi at bioRxiv.
- 9 Aug 2016 - Won first prize in the "Conservation ecology and biodiversity research" category in the BMC Ecology Image Competition 2016.